CONTACT US: 02 6581 3007
Please see below for guidance on when our GPs may be able to provide a referral without an appointment
Many of our GPs don't consult every day of the week. A referral requested online will be sent to the relevant practitioner, or available for pick-up, within three business days.
We're committed to continuing to provide the highest quality medical care - if your GP feels that a face to face appointment is necessary despite the below conditions being met, we reserve the right to ask you to attend in person.
Referrals done online can be:-
1. For a medical specialist (e.g. heart specialist, eye specialist, etc.)
2. For allied health (e.g. physiotherapist, podiatrist, etc.)
- This can include a referral under a GP Management Plan (Care Plan), if you have one in place
To request an online referral:-
1. The person requesting the referral must be the patient or their legal guardian.
2. You must be a regular patient of Westside Medical Centre.
3. Your conditions needs to be an ongoing one - if you have new symptoms or a new condition, your GP needs to assess you in person.
4. The referral being requested needs to be ongoing, and your GP needs to have previously written a referral to this, or a related, specialist.
5. You need to have had a face to face appointment within the past twelve months