Dr Andrew Whitworth is recognised by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) as a Designated Aviation Medical Examiner (DAME). A DAME is a fully qualified GP who has undertaken further post-graduate training in Aviation Medicine and commits to further yearly education to stay up to date.
If you're a pilot, or learning to fly, you'll need regular medical certification and a regular DAME.
The duties of a DAME include:
- Personally examining applicants requiring medical certification
- Discussing the applicant’s medical history and medical record during the course of the medical examination
- Referring applicants for follow-up testing when required
- Sending relevant information to CASA
- Responding to questions from applicants about their illness/medical conditions
- Issuing certificates for fitness to return to flying
For more information, please call the practice on (02) 6581 3007, or see CASA's Aviation Medicine page at http://services.casa.gov.au/avmed/default.asp